When you have a proper understanding of how to control a lawn mower, it is not a difficult task. The speed of the mower greatly influences its performance. And in a self-propelled lawnmower, you just need to adjust the speed to run the mower.
Self-propelled mowers work by engaging a speed control lever that causes the mower to move forward. The users do not need to push or drive the mower. They can just walk behind it to guide it. It saves a lot of time and energy. However, it is important to keep the speed adjusted of the self propelled mower. So, in this article, we are going to talk about how to adjust speed on self propelled lawn mower.
Whenever you put in new self-propel cables or if the self-propel drive is out of alterment, adjust the self-propel drive to confirm the drive system works correctly. By following the steps below. You will be able to adjust the speed on yourself propelled lawn mower:
1. Turn off the Lawn mower
Before making any change to your lawn mower speed, you must make sure to turn it off otherwise it might result in an unwanted accident.
2. Position The Lawn Mower On An Even Surface
In this step you need to adjust the lawn mower’s speed after putting the lawn mower on an even surface. In this way, you will have an easier time maneuvering the lawn mower.
3. Loosen the Knob
After positioning your lawn mower on an even surface, the next thing you need to do is to loosen the traction adjustment knob of your lawn mower by turning it counterclockwise.
4. The Throttle Lever Should be in the Coke Position
The mower’s throttle lever must be pushed into the choke position. Make sure not to push the lever while the mower’s engine is hot. Let it cool for a few minutes before pushing it.
5. Pull The Lawn Mower Starter Cord
Turn on the mower by pulling the starter cord or rotating the ignition key.
When the mower’s engine is getting warm, push the throttle lever to the fast position. At this point, you can mow. The blades of the mower spin quickly when you set the throttle lever to the fast setting. Therefore, it will be possible for you to cut as much grass as possible efficiently.
At the side of the handlebar of the mower, you will find a yellow button. By pressing it, you can adjust the blade speed. After that you can spin the blade by pressing forward. By pressing the yellow button towards you, the blade of the mower will stop spinning.
6. Press the Clutch Lever on the Mower
Last but not least, this is the final step. For this step, you will need to turn on the lawn mower drive clutch lever in order to begin propelling it. For adjusting the speed of your lawnmower, slowly move the mower drive clutch backward. The drive clutch is responsible for adjusting the speed of the mower. Stop the mower by releasing the mower drive clutch, stopping the blade from spinning, and using the throttle lever to slow it down. You can now turn off the engine and let it cool.
There are a lot of reasons why people prefer self propelled lawn mowers more than other types of lawn mowers. The reasons are-
- Choosing a self-propelled mower will not entail sacrificing features. Almost all models are able to discharge grass clippings sideways or bag them. Many of them offer mulching as a third option, and many are called 3-in-1 mowers.
- The mower moves mechanically through challenging areas of your yard, so you won’t need to exert extra effort cutting through thick grass. Also, the self-propelling engine makes it easy to mow over areas with a slight upgrade without needing additional push from the operator.
- With automated choke recovery systems on engines, self-propelled mowers today are simple to start, allowing you to start the engine cold. Some users prefer engines that start without priming or choking, and self-propelled mower technology continues to improve, making them more accessible to the users than ever.
- No matter how big or small you need your yard to be, a self-propelled mower makes mowing easy, convenient, and economical. Using a self-propelled mower lets you enjoy mowing your lawn-and since the mower does the work, you will still have energy to spend the day as you like after your hard work in the yard.
You have hopefully learned everything you need to know about adjusting the speed on a self-propelled lawn mower from this article. It is not a hard task but you may find it challenging to use the program if you are a newbie. In that case you should read the user manual carefully and take help from an expert.