The majority of people have lawns in their backyards. It increases the beauty of a home and property. But it is not easy to maintain the lawn by doing manual work. It will cost you a lot of time and energy. Lawn mowers are essential for a lush green lawn. But with so many brands of choices available in the market, it becomes difficult which one to choose.
You can choose easily if you have a proper idea about the features of the lawn mowers. This will help you decide if the features are suitable for your lawn or not. Also, price is a matter to consider while buying a lawn mower as it is for long-term use. To help you with that, we are going to discuss the features of the two best lawn mowers in the market, which are- Cub Cadet CC30 and Troy Bilt TB30R
Cub Cadet CC30
With the Cub Cadet CC30 riding mower, you’ll get a well-constructed, easy-to-use machine. An overhead-valve engine is used in the Cub Cadet CC30 to reduce vibration as well as fuel consumption. You will be amazed that your Cub Cadet starts easily every time with a fully pressurized lubrication system and an electric start.
Two heavy-duty drive belts are housed within the die-cast aluminum transmission case. This 6-speed transmission will allow you to shift on the fly and gives you full control over the machine. Due to the 18-inch turning radius, you can easily cut around trees, remove yard debris, and perform sharp turns to make your work look professional.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the features offered on the CC30 riding lawn mower.
There are steel stampings of 14 gauge that make up the cutting deck. Also, easy off-and-on access is provided by a large step-through area.
The Cub Cadet CC30’s fuel tank is one of the CC30’s best features. The fuel tank holds 1.3 gallons. The convenience of not having to constantly refuel is excellent. There are not many mowers of this size that have so much fuel storage.
It is a very comfortable lawn mower. Operator comfort is considered in the design of the seat and steering wheel. On the CC30, the steering wheel can be telescopically adjusted. The operator can easily adjust their height this way. Furthermore, the walkways are large enough to pass through. The steering wheel can also be adjusted with the user’s height.
- It has a Briggs & Stratton engine
- The displacement of the engine is 344cc
- Engine output is 10.5 horsepower
- This type of starter uses electricity
- There is a 1.3-gallon fuel tank.
- Cylinders with only one piston
- The ignition key starts the engine
- 1.5 quarts of engine oil are available.
- The charging system is regulated at 3.75 amps
- There is only one element in an air filter
- Has an oil filter
- Batteries have a 150 CCA capacity
- AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) batteries are used.
- Batteries have a 12-volt system
- Basically, it’s Hydro-Gear T2HP
- The forward speed is 6.4 km/h
- The reverse speed is 3.2 km/h
- The rear axle measures 3/4 inch
- The drive system is hydrostatic
- The Foot Pedal is used to control the transmission
- Aluminum Housings are used for transmissions
- Heavy-duty belt connecting engine and transmission
- Cut-to-length decks are 30 inches wide
- 14-gauge steel is the deck material
- The deck engagement lever (PTO) is manually operated
- Building Decks with Stamped Concrete
- Lifting decks with the hand lever
- There is a 1.5″ to 4″ cutting height range
- There are five-deck positions
- Limited 3-year warranty for residential use
Troy Bilt TB30R
With a 30-inch wheel width, the Troy-Bilt 30-inch riding lawn mower is slim and lightweight, allowing for easy maneuverability and storage. This engine ranks among the best in terms of performance and durability with a horsepower of 10.5 and a displacement of 344cc. The Shift-on-the-go transmission feature, operator-controlled reverse feature, and 6-speed transmission effortlessly change speed and direction. Moreover, you will be able to mow an area of less than an acre using this mower’s 1.3-gallon fuel capacity without having to refill. Further, it manages to navigate around obstacles, thanks to its 30-inch cutting deck and 18-inch turning radius.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the features offered on the Troy Bilt TB30R mower.
The Troy Bilt is powered by a 16 horsepower OHV 382cc MTD Powermore engine. Heavy-duty parts are used in Powermore engine designs, making them capable of handling harsh conditions. Throughout their lifespan, Powermore engines are designed to wear and tear as little as possible. The TB30R contains a high-quality 420cc OHV engine.
The mid-back seat is very comfortable and can be adjusted height-wise. Additionally, it has a cup holder which will help you keep a drink with you while you work.
A mulching kit is an important feature of Troy Bilt mowers that returns nutrients to the soil for a healthier lawn. Additionally, you can collect grass clippings as you mow using the bagging capability. A rear hitch allows you to pull light or compact attachments like dump carts, so you can use them for your landscaping projects.
- The starting system is a key start 12-volt
- The battery voltage is 12 volts
- Lead-acid batteries are used
- The net torque is 11.5-foot pounds
- A fuel tank with a capacity of 1 gallon is provided
- The number of cylinders is 1
- There is a 2-year warranty for the consumers
As now you have read the features of Cub Cadet and Troy Bilt both, you have gained a good idea about lawn mowers. Considering the features above, both lawn mower models offer very good service and excellent deals. It is therefore not a bad idea to choose either of them. We hope you have been able to decide which may be the better option for you. After reading both Cub Cadet and Troy Bilt features, you will find it easier to make your decision.